POTTSTOWN, PA – Today is Fat Tuesday…the last day to fatten up before the Lenten season.
The Mardi Gras celebrations remind us of the five member “Back to the 50’s” voting block of our Pottstown School Board – partying and spending money we don’t have on things our children don’t need.
Ladies and gentlemen…we give you…The Fiscally Irresponsible Five!!
Speaking of which, there is NO neighborhood schools committee meeting tonight. Board member Thomas Hylton needs time to work on the elementary schools master plan and financial budgetary slide show presentations he’ll be speaking about at length during this Thursday’s general board meeting.
Don’t worry folks, as soon as the agenda for this Thursday’s meeting is posted to the district website, we will, of course, make it available on our site for our readers. We here at Save Pottstown!! like to promote events before they happen…not report on them weeks after the fact. Thursday’s meeting allows for public comment, so get your ideas together on paper and be sure to attend Thursday’s meeting and tell the board what’s on your mind.
Here are a couple of ideas:
- Exactly how is the district paying for the new expen$ive hi$torically-accurate windows for Rupert and Edgewood Elementary Schools?
- How does this project help our children’s education?
- When will board member Thomas Hylton recuse himself from voting on the windows project, now that $20,000 of his personal finances are directly wagered on the outcome of this project?
- When will board member Valerie Harris recuse herself from voting on projects concerning Rupert, since her employer (her sole mean of income) is an avowed proponent of hi$torically re$toring Rupert using taxpayer funds?
- Why is board member Thomas Hylton not allowing public discussion on his proposals (specifically the Rupert and Edgewood window$ project) during public board meetings?
Please make sure to ask these questions and any others you want answered. Remember, this is a board that promotes open government…so they’re working FOR YOU, the Pottstown taxpayer. Everything’s on the table baby!
Laissez les bon temps rouler!