The Queen of the Big Spenders is Back!
POTTSTOWN, PA – Unfortunately it’s that time of the year again folks. Time for one psychologically unbalanced and mentally disturbed local activist to start unearthing the jars of pennies buried in his backyard and cash them in for dirty marketing campaign propagandic junk mail.
Courtesy of our civil servant friends at the Montgomery County Office of Voter Services, here is a copy of the most recent campaign expense report from our most fav political action committee…Pottstown Citizens for Responsible Government…or as we like to call it (and what it truly is)…Pottstown Political Hacks for Irresponsible Fiscally-Insolvent Government.
Since its unwelcomed introduction to Pottstown in 2007, PCFRG has amassed contributions close to $60,000. That’s a lot of money to generate in a short four year period. Contrary to what some want us to believe, spending that kind of money can hardly be described as living modestly. What’s even more galling is that only two individuals have ever contributed to PCFRG: retired District Judge Charles Dasch and Pottstown School Board member Thomas Hylton. Mr. Dasch’s contribution was a relatively paltry sum of $100 back in May of 2007. The remaining $59,338+was 100 percent funded by Thomas Hylton and his retired Pottstown School District teacher spouse Frances.
That dollar amount squarely puts Mr. and Mrs. Hylton in the top 1% of all political contributors in Pottstown. So how does the other 99% in Pottstown feel about having the Hyltons dictate the course of elections and the progressively backassward march into the 1950s? Isn’t it time that Pottstonians took back their town from the oppressive 1% and sent them packing? To encourage excellence in government, Pottstonians should permanently occupy a patch of sidewalk in front of 222 Chestnut Street to protest the molestation these two so-called “community service” posers have done to Pottstown.
Based on its published campaign finance reports…here are some disturbing facts about PCFRG:
- Over 44% of its expenditures ($26,438+) were spent on non-Pottstown businesses (that figure doesn’t seem to fit in with Tom Hylton’s “Hate Locally, Spend Locally” ideology).
- Over 43% of its expenditures ($25,766+) were spent on 78 advertisements and 2 advertising supplements in The Mercury (aka The Fishwrap), courtesy of a December 2008 sweetheart deal schemed by Fishwrap Editor Nancy March and Tom Hylton in a blatant attempt to mislead Fishwrap readers into believing that opinion page paid advertisements were Fishwrap opinion pieces (when they were anything but).
- So far this year, PCFRG has spent more than $14,271 in an attempt to buy seats on the Pottstown School Board using puppet candidates (Hammer, Habekost, Wausnock, Williams and Porter). Why? So Tom Hylton can dictate that the district’s five 40+ year old tres expensive elementary schools remain open (even though Pottstown is the only area school district designated by the Pennsylvania Department of Education as a High Tax / High Poverty school district).
Why do Tom and Frances Hylton spend so much money trying to get their way? Why don’t they trust the hard working citizens of Pottstown to make the right decisions at the ballot box to move the borough forward? What do they gain by spending so much money on Pottstown elections?
Consider this. How financially effective would Tom Hylton’s lucrative speaking engagements be if the newspaper he once worked for went belly up due to lack of advertisers and subscribers? How could Tom Hylton hang his bowler on his mythical “neighborhood schools” shtick if they were closed and consolidated for fiscally sound economic reasons? He lost his Planning Commission throne and his Tree Gestapo within a mere six months of each other…so now he’s down to his final few lame-ass resume bullet points. What’s a cornered political hack to do?
Follow the money trail friends. Tom Hylton is throwing money at issues that, if removed from the equation, will directly affect his “modest” lifestyle. Removing these liabilities one by one will make Pottstown more fiscally streamlined as well as a greater place to live, but in the process will undress the wannabe emperor and force him to find some new clothes.